The document delivery service provide access to the materials that are currently not held in Northwestern Polytechnical University Libraries（main and branch）collections. And this service is available for all faculties, staff members, students of Northwestern Polytechnical University..
The library has established cooperation with many university libraries and intelligence institutions at home and abroad. Such institutions include: the National Library of China, CALIS, CASHL, the National Science and Technology Bibliographic Center, Tsinghua University library, Shaanxi Provincial Scientific and Technological Information Research Institute etc..
Document delivery items:
(1) Photocopying and the delivery of full documents of this library for users in other universities
(2) Photocopying and the delivery of the journal articles, conference proceedings, standards, patents, technical reports, dissertations and various other documents obtained from the information service institutions at home and abroad for the users of this university.
Methods of document delivery:
(1) Applying directly
You can come to the consultation and intelligence department at the Eastern library to apply for your document delivery by filling out “The University's Reader Document delivery Application Form” and paying a guarantee deposit. Your application form should contain the detailed information on the document to be applied for, including: subject, author, year of publication, volume, issue etc.
(2) Application by e-mail
You can apply for your document delivery through e-mail or send a fax to 88491474, and the librarian will contact you if they can help you apply for the document.
(1) The library will response to a normal document delivery application within one working day and send the document within three working days. Holidays will delay the delivering.
(2) The library will response to an urgent document delivery application within one half of a working day and send the document within one working day. Holidays will delay the delivering.
(3) There may be a delay if the requested document is from another library.